Plans of the Dutch CardioVascular Alliance in 2021
The DCVA has set itself the goal of raising 1 billion euros by 2030 for earlier detection, faster development of solutions, bringing these solutions to the patient and evaluating these solutions. So far, this has been going pretty well: since the start, the partners have jointly mobilised more than €114 million. What is DCVA going to do next year to work towards this goal? Here is a summary of the plans.
Research policy: more collaboration and visibility
- More intensive involvement of the research consortia in the plans of the DCVA, via a new platform for research leaders;
- Exploring, initiating and funding substantive collaboration programs;
- Focus on portfolio management and the fine-tuning of funding processes;
- More visibility in the cardiovascular field through more lobbying and the appointment of DCVA ambassadors.
Valorisation: working on a strong valorisation ecosystem
- Implement the Thematic Technology Transfer (TTT) scheme through the scouting of promising initiatives by the Impact Officer within the consortia;
- Collaboration with TTOs / KTOs to achieve a strong valorisation ecosystem.
Implementation: implementation desk and involvement of new partners
- Involvement of new DCVA partners to the implementation pillar;
- Start setting up an implementation desk to support researchers and healthcare professionals;
- The implementation of Gender and Health projects will receive extra attention;
- Further development of the Atrium Fibrillation, Chest Pain and Digital Care projects.
- Better connection between the various talent activities;
- Increase the visibility of these activities in the cardiovascular field;
- Start an advisory committee for DCVA talent policy;
- Lobby for talent funding as part of cardiovascular-related consortia.
- Sustainable reuse of existing data sources;
- Stimulate registration-based research;
- Creating a community for cardiovascular patients in which supply and demand for patient care can meet;
- Availability of human biomaterial in the Hartenbank.
- Maintain contact with existing partners of the DCVA;
- Discussions with potential new partners and the external representation of the DCVA;
- Further develop and streamline internal processes.
Communication and public affairs
- Investigate how existing communication and public affairs can be set up together in a separate pillar in the coming year;
- Maintain the quality of good basic communication;
- Inform partners, consortia and projects of the DCVA of the most up-to-date communication guidelines;
- A new edition of the NL-HI / DCVA conference;
- A public affairs plan.