Are you a digital health SME and are you thinking about scaling your business in the United States? Join this Digital Health Mission to Silicon Valley/Bay Area and start making connections in this innovative market.
From 5 – 10 November, Task Force Health Care and NextHealth.co, with the support of InnovationQuarter, Amsterdam Trade and OostNL, organise a Digital Health Mission to the Silicon Valley/Bay Area.
Opportunities in San Francisco
The San Francisco Bay Area houses one of the world’s most developed and dynamic digital health eco-systems. In 2016 the bay area drew $839 million in VC investment or 22% of total US investment and $1.5 billion in National Institutes of Health (NIH) funding – or 8% of total NIH funding. With a large population and innovative care system, the Bay Area has a high demand for digital health solutions, including 32 unique hospital groups such as Kaiser Permanente, USCF Medical Center and a high number of nursing homes and primary care facilities. All these organisations make use of the advanced infrastructure available in the bay area to connect with the Americas and the world. This business climate is fit for Dutch Smart Solutions which seek to develop and support disruptive (digital) health innovations.
What to expect?
This mission will give you a great insight in the US Digital Health Market in a short period of time and will bring you in contact with relevant partners. The programme will consist of the following segments (still subject to change):
- Collective visits to relevant organisations in and around San Francisco.
- Pitch event/Dutch Digital Health Night during which Dutch businesses can pitch their products.
- Individual appointments with relevant parties (whenever possible)
- Network reception to informally network with relevant parties, such as digital health start-ups, incubators and hubs active in the Silicon Valley ecosystem.
- Knowledge sharing and networking with other members from the Dutch delegation.
- Support from the TFHC and NextHealth.co for building your network
Previous digital health missions to the United States included visits to UCSF, Rock Health, Google, Grandrounds, Honor, Kaiser Permanente Garfield Center, Fitbit, Stanford University. Visits for this mission will be selected based also on group suggestions and are subject to (planning) availability.
Growing businesses and knowledge institutes active in the Healthcare sector, especially those focusing on the following areas of expertise:
- eHealth / Digital Health: Smart solutions to use health resources such as information, finance and medicines better and more efficiently. Services and technology to enable remote patient monitoring; better dissemination of information and improved access to health services, remote consultations and telemedicine.
- Mobility & Vitality: Smart products and services designed to stimulate, enable and facilitate disable, less abled and vital citizens to be and stay active and mobile participants/ contributors in society.
This mission is best suited to growing companies which have initial experience selling / developing products for foreign markets or who are seriously considering to expand their business to the United States in the short term.
How to join?
The participation fee for this mission is €950 excluding VAT, travel and lodging expenses. Please register for the mission before the 8th of September via the TFHC website.
For more information and registration visit the TFHC website.