Dutch CardioVascular Alliance (DCVA)
In alliance focusing on earlier disease recognition and rapid translation of excellent science into health improvement.
Cardiovascular disease is still one of the biggest health challenges of our time. Thanks to excellent science, innovation and effective organisation of care, we have been able to successfully combat acute cardiovascular events. However, the number of chronic patients is on the rise. Recurrent hospital admissions of these patients cause a dramatic increase in health care costs.
Together with the best Dutch scientists, leading organisations representing patients, academia, healthcare professionals, industry and government, have joined forces to establish the Dutch CardioVascular Alliance. The aim of the DCVA is to lower the cardiovascular burden by 25% in 2030. To enable this, partners work together to mobilise a total of 1 billion euros for cardiovascular research and innovation.
DCVA focuses on earlier recognition of disease and rapid translation of excellent science into health improvement. To realise their ambitions, they invest in creating an excellent and sustainable environment for cardiovascular breakthroughs, working on five priorities:
- The DCVA identifies barriers and opportunities for joint research policy and funding in the cardiovascular domain.
- The DCVA helps consortia to transfer their findings into start-ups or link them to existing companies.
- The DCVA assists consortia to implement their findings in health care practice.
- The DCVA attracts and train talented researchers from various disciplines.
- The DCVA standardises and harmonises research data, making it available for future research.