DATA2PERSON - Big Data & Health
NWO has opened the call for applications DATA2PERSON – Big Data & Health. This call, as part of the COMMIT2DATA programme, aims to contribute to the development of effective, efficient, and responsible personal empowerment methods for a future healthy society. Consortiums of at least two academic departments and at least one public/private partner can apply for funding.
COMMIT2DATA is focused on strengthening knowledge, valorization, and dissemination of data science, stewardship, and technology for the top sectors. This programme places great emphasis on monitoring and community management using a monitoring and dissemination plan. A focused approach is needed to shift the boundaries of contemporary data science and big-data solutions. This call is a partnership between COMMIT2DATA, NWO Domain Science (ENW) and Domain Social Sciences and Humanities (SGW), Applied and Engineering Sciences (TTW), National Initiative Brain & Cognition (NIHC), The Netherlands Organisation for Health Research and Development (ZonMW), and the Ministry of Economic Affairs. The call is formulated and rolled out in consultation with the Ministry of Health, Welfare, and Sport (VWS).
The focus of this programme is on the way in which Data Science can make a contribution to a personalized offer and possibilities for the self/joint-management of the individual health situation.
In addition to Data Science, the input of other relevant scientific disciplines towards this call is necessary. These are disciplines that can identify and articulate the issues relating to this call and support the development of a solution-oriented approach or test their effectiveness and feasibility in practice.
- Consortiums of at least two academic departments and at least one public/private partner can apply for funding.
- Per project, the grant is a minimum of € 250,000 and a maximum of € 1 million.
- Per project, the total project costs are no less than € 500,000 and no more than € 2 million.
- The total contribution (in cash and in kind) of the public and private partner(s) amounts to a minimum of 30% of the total project costs, or a maximum of 50%.
- The in kind and in cash contribution of the private and public partner(s) both amount to no less than 15% of the total project costs.
- The total available budget for projects in this call is € 5,225,000.
The deadline for submitting a proposal is 5 September 2017, 14:00 hrs CEST.
A matchmaking between academic, public and private parties is scheduled on May 22nd 2017. Interested parties can register until 10 May by sending an email to DATA2PERSON@nwo.nl and will receive further information for this event.
For further information, conditions, and to apply, please check the call funding page.
For specific questions about this call for proposals please contact NWO:
Dr. A. (Astrid) Zuurbier, tel. +31 (0)70 349 4709
Dr. M.J. (Marijn) Hollestelle, tel. +31 (0)70 344 0968