Increase your knowledge of the worldwide renowned Dutch health system and related solutions!
The Health~Holland Visitors Programme is a 3-day programme for decision-makers in international, national, regional and local healthcare. It aims to increases your knowledge of the worldwide renowned Dutch Health system and related smart solutions which increase quality, affordability and accessibility. The programme enables you to meet fellow professionals who share the same passion and face similar challenges in healthcare. Join the programme and compare policies and procedures, structures, solutions and opportunities for partnerships to foster improvement.
Healthcare in the 21st Century
Health systems around the world are now facing similar challenges as they grapple with ageing populations and rising incidences of chronic disease. In parallel, decision-makers are under pressure to design health systems which are able to cope with new and existing health issues, yet, which are both financially sustainable and make use of innovative technologies and powerful drugs. In an age of globalization, the provision of healthcare and its challenges transcend borders. International collaboration and knowledge exchange is thus a crucial component of tackling current and future health issues in a quest to improve global healthcare for all.
Programme 2019 | Three Tracks
Why visit the Netherlands?
The Netherlands is home to a vibrant, concentrated Life Science & Health cluster of more than 3.000 healthcare companies and research organisations, all within a 200 kilometre radius. The Netherlands is considered to be the most concentrated region in the world when it comes to creating economic and social value to healthcare. It all started in the 16th and 17th century, when the Dutch invented the microscope and pioneered in microbiology. Nowadays, the Netherlands faces challenges, but through innovation it is able to deal with increasing health care costs.
Did you know that the Netherlands is...
- #1 Global Access to Healthcare Index of The Economist Intelligence Unit
- #2 Euro Health Consumer Index of the Health Consumer Powerhouse
- #3 Health Care System Performance Ranking of The Commonwealth Fund
- #3 Global Innovation Index
- #4 Global Competitiveness Index of the WEF
- #4 Digital Economy & Society Index of the European Commission
- #6 World Happiness Report
- #7 IT Development Index of the United Nations ITU
- Top 10 position in citations for research in biochemistry, genetics and molecular biology.
- Top 10 position in international patent applications
- Front-runner in eHealth according to HIMMS
- World's highest ICT penetration in hospitals and clinics
- Leading in eMental Health according to OECD
- 5% of Dutch start-ups focus on medical or health