PPP programme Immunology: Immune system off balance
The disruption of the immune system plays a crucial role in various diseases such as infectious diseases, cancer, allergies and autoimmune diseases. Despite the enormous progress made on treatment methods during the past few years, in many cases the diseases concerned cannot be cured. This has a considerable impact on the patients’ quality of life, our economy and society. Do you have a solution that impacts a broad patient group but not the resources and partners to conduct the research? Then the 'Immunology' call is for you!
Resorting the balance
The Dutch Cooperation of Health Foundations (SGF) and the Top Sector Life Sciences & Health (Health~Holland) are making 2.75 million euros available for public-private research initiatives in the field of immunology. This initiative must lead to a sustainable cooperation between industry, research/knowledge institutions and health foundations that contributes to restoring the balance of the immune system in various diseases.
Who can apply?
A consortium of at least four research organisations (universities, university hospitals, universities of applied sciences) and at least two companies can submit a PPP application to the Dutch Association of Immunology (NVVI) and the quartermaster of the eight University Medical Centers in the Netherlands selected by the NVVI.
- Deadline submission preliminary PPP application form: 19 February 2018
- Assessment expert committee: February 2018
- Selected applicants informed: mid-March 2018
- Submission full PPP applications: 16 May 2018
- Sending PPP applications to referees: 17 May 2018
- Referees' assessments returned: 31 May 2018
- Meeting expert committee and decision-making: end of June 2018
- Allocation PPP allowance by Top Sector LSH and finalising agreement: summer 2018
- Start PPP projects: End of 2018
For more information read the full Immunology call.