From 9 – 13 September 2018 the Netherlands Embassy in Riyadh and the Task Force Health Care (TFHC) will organise a health mission to Saudi Arabia.
Background Saudi Arabian healthcare sector
Saudi Arabia is the largest and fastest growing healthcare market in the region and is estimated to reach $40 billion by 2020. Saudi Arabia is investing heavily in the healthcare sector and is building several ‘medical cities’. Healthcare needs will continue to rise, as the country is likely to reach a population size of 35.7 million by 2022, of which ~18% will be aged over 50 years.
The government is encouraging the private sector to meet the growing demand. The decision to privatise several public hospitals and introduction of comprehensive insurance coverage will encourage private investments in the sector.
What can you expect during the mission?
The health mission will provide excellent opportunities to meet new relevant business contacts and to learn more about the Saudi Arabian Life Sciences & Health sector. You can expect the following program components during the mission.
(Please note that below items may be subject to change)
- Workshop and Introduction of the Saudi Arabian Healthcare sector & market
- Collective visits to relevant LSH stakeholders; such as the Ministry of Health, public -and private hospitals, healthcare cities etc.
- Participation with a poster presentation in the Holland Lounge at the Global Health Exhibition in Riyadh more information (contracting additional space is optional);
- Networking reception where you can meet and invite (new) local business contacts.
- Knowledge Sharing and possible cooperation with participants within the Dutch LSH Delegation.
- Presence and support from the Task Force Health Care and the Netherlands Embassy in Riyadh.
To increase the quality and success of the mission a participants meeting will be organised. After registration you will receive more details concerning the mission and the preparations.
Is this mission relevant for you?
The LSH Mission is relevant for companies and knowledge institutes active in the Dutch Life Sciences and Health sector, in particular for those in the following fields:
- Medical Devices and appliances: Products, devices, disposables and equipment within the healthcare sector.
- Hospital Build, design and equipment: Products and services concerning the design, building, furnishing, equipping, operations and maintenance of hospitals and clinics.
- eHealth: Products and services within the domains of information- & communication technologies which contribute to the efficiency, effectiveness and digitalisation of the healthcare sector.
- Health Development/Knowledge/Education: Products and services within the domains education, training, consultancy and advisory services to optimise care capacity.
Note: In favour of the scope and quality of the mission, we reserve the right to accept or decline participants who do not belong to the relevant target group for this mission.
The Participation fee is € 950,- (excl. VAT) per person, per company.
‘PIB | TFHC goes Middle East’ partners pay a discounted fee of € 750,- (excl. VAT).
A 50% discount will apply if you register a second participant from the same company. Costs for travel, accommodation, meals, translators and individual transportation are not included in the participation fee. We will be travelling on the 8th and 13th (in the evening) of September 2018.
How to join?
If you want to be a part of the Dutch LSH delegation please register before 18 July 2018 by filling in the online application form.
This LSH mission has been made possible by the Netherlands Embassy in Riyadh and the “Partners in International Business” (PIB) named TFHC Goes Middle East. The LSH PIB Middle East is a partnership between the Dutch Government, RVO and the TFHC PIB Covenant.
For more information regarding the LSH mission, please contact:
T: 070-21 99 005.