26 & 27 October
The third edition of DRIVE, the Design Research & Innovation Festival for the creative industry, will be held in Eindhoven on October 26 and 27, during the annual Dutch Design Week. DRIVE brings together designers, researchers, industry, government and Top Sectors and shows how research within the creative industry supports today’s complex challenges and contributes to societal innovations.
Participants can ‘pick ‘n mix’ from almost 30 project presentations from the CLICKNL CROSSOVERS and from a programme created around the CIRCULAR ECONOMY and the Research Through Design call (STW).
WEDNESDAY 26 OCTOBER - 10:00-17:00 | CROSS-OVERS
CLICKNL crossovers presents the following tracks:
- Create Health: the next level. What is needed to accelerate the potential of the creative industry for the Health & LIfe Science Top Sector?
- Smart Industry: fieldlab UPPS researches the potential and need for new knowledge to successfully create Ultra Personalised Products & Service and, in a series of workshops, Things2Things share new insights on meaningful connectedness.
- Create Energy: service designers present on sustainable local energy systems and how we can design for behavioural change.
- Smart Retail: a retail design research parade: an overview of research on retail formats, shopping experiences and shop innovations in Pecha Kulcha style.
- Smart Culture: Archive Art by new media talent: 5 new media artists create new art from the archives of Sound & Vision.
- Built Environment: FuturA investigated the changing role of the architect and present results in keynotes and interactive discussions.
THURSDAY 27 OCTOBER - 10:00-17:00 | CIRCULAR ECONOMY | RESEARCH THROUGH DESIGN
CIRCO highlights the role of design in a circular economy. At DRIVE, CIRCO will address prominent challenges for designers by answering the following questions:
- How to create user acceptance for circular products?
- What can design do for implementing new circular business models?
- How to benefit from developments in the Internet of Things
Research through Design offers a new perspective on creating knowledge for the creative industry. Recently started design projects in the field of fashion, design and architecture provide unique insights into the nature of design as a research method. Results from a range of projects, from lightweight materials to smart clothing and empowering elderly people, give conference participants the opportunity to explore this practice based research.
DRIVE PARTICIPANT FEES
One day € 75,- (Students € 25,-) (incl. VAT)
Two days € 125,- (Students € 50,-) (incl. VAT)
This fee covers entrance to the DRIVE festival including coffee, tea, lunch and drinks, as well as a passe-partout to the Dutch Design Week and the Mind the step exhibition.
| REGISTRATION OPENS IN SEPTEMBER |
Take a look at the website and find out more about our inspiring programme. The DRIVE programme and presentations are in English and held in Natlab, Eindhoven. More information about the registration will follow soon.